Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Branson, MO Weekend Getaway

(View from Breakfast Bar)
Recently I enjoyed a mini vacay with my husband a group of our friends. We travelled a few odd hours to Branson, nestles in the southeastern corner of Missouri. Branson has a great blend of old town charm and interesting updates as well as attractions.
Flipping through the town's attraction pamphlets got me really excited, there was so much to do in only 3 days! Well, that quickly evaporated as we discovered, one venue after the next, that about half the city shuts down during the Winter; no joke.
This created a lot of disappointment and repeated trips to IHOP in search of something similar, moving on...
(Hotel)
We lodged at Stonegate and on day 1 we attended an interesting Wine Tour. Now, I'm not a fan of alcohol but I wanted to have a basic understanding of the wine world and its "crisps" and "swishes" language. Tour was short and sweet.
(A still shot of Wine Edu)
(Inside the Testing Bar)
 
That evening we dined at Paradise Bar & Grill. I enjoyed a seafood platter while my husband had a steak sub. The food was average and reminded me of the small chain buffets back home down South. The best part; however, was the customer service. Our waitress was extremely helpful and entertaining. She checked on us frequently and suggested great foods. This may sound as if I am over reacting, but trust me, our other experience was worst (more on that down below). Lastly, we shopped at the $1 Shop and bought a few nick nacks and chatted with a few locals. The night rounded off with a great swim in the warm pool and much needed sleep.

 (Breakfast Bar, also incld. drinks and sausages)
 
Day 2 we went to the free Breakfast Bar provided by the hotel. Basically an All-American cheap eats. I was pretty disappointed given the big hype of their advertising. We didn't attend the following morning.
Next we went ziplining, the reason I went to Branson, and it was bittersweet. The energy in itself was great, but the combination of 40 degree weather and powerful, cold ass wind slapping me brought me back to Earth. It was okay for $20 bucks.
Afterwards we tried other attractions, failed since they were closed and went to IHOP. Great server, very enthusiastic guy. Day ended with more swimming.
 
Day 3 began rough as I was tired from all of the swimming and we needed to check out of the hotel pretty early. Again, breakfast at IHOP. Pretty bad experience as our server seemed pretty annoyed from the beginning. She was less than friendly and brought out check about 0 minutes after the last meal hit our table. I understand it's not the best job, but come on. So, we paid and left, bidding the city that was, adu.
Overall, it was great to travel and mingle with locals. I regret my failure of planning which resulted in blowing almost $200.
Better luck in the Summer!



 
In grace,
Kendra 

No comments:

Post a Comment