Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Simple(DUH!) Time Savers

I've wasted enough time this year so here it is:
  • Buy "It" books on usual topics (Finance, history, health, etc) instead of browsing blogs and googling individual questions all day.
  • Automate your finances a lá Ramit Sethi's book with monthly preview and reviews instead of spending an hour every Sunday.
  • Plan hanging out with friends around running errands."Going by the mall" got old real quick, so I only go shopping when buying something specific with a fun friend (bonus points if she has great style). I get what I need(errand) and catch up with a friend(hang out). The same works when grocery shopping with a health conscious friend or visiting Barnes & Noble with a smart, open-minded pal.
  • Decide what you want with a practical budget. I used to waste a lot of my time at the mall and everytime I'd enter a store I would be asked "Are you looking for anything specific" to which I'd respond with "No, just browsing"; no wonder they'd look so annoyed! Before I leave home, I have and a master plan to get it done.

In grace,
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment