Thursday, March 27, 2014

How To: Pull in Opportunities

Early one stressful morning when the world seems to renting out my shoulders, I went to a cafe for a little R7R and self reflection. I sat down and wrote it all out. I wrote my purpose, how I live it and asked for help for help so that I can continue.
As I was finishing the the second paragraph, someone entered the room and informed me that his ESL class was starting soon and asked to use the room. Upon leaving he  as what I was working on, I told him and he said "You're an inspiration to your people". There it was, my confirmation. It didn't come as a job opportunity or free flowers, it came through a senior who chose to recognize the potential within me. It was a small nudge, a keep going that I really needed.

Today I will share 3 steps to get you your own little "confirmation":

1. Get Real with yourself
In this moment, are you feeling like a failure? A loser? You can't hide from your feelings, so just acknowledge that emotion and how you got into this situation (hint: it was your 'tude).

2. Write a declaration
Write it out! Use those emotions and ask to be guided to your purpose and intend to actually do the work, whatever it may be.

3. Appreciation and Hustle
Say thank you and really feel it and then get to work. Paint that portrait! Write that blog post! Do it from the heart, no filters or self doubt.

Challenge! Challenge!:
In the comments below, share your biggest passion and what you would do if you had no limitations.

In Grace,
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment